We are excited to launch this programme in partnership with the Papamoa Police.
Aim – “To promote a sense of pride, safety and community spirit in children, their schools and their wider community”
The objectives are to:
- foster pride in students, their school, their home and their community.
- increase awareness and involvement in Neighbourhood Support groups.
- increase children’s knowledge of the functions, and roles, of key safety organisations in the community.
- recognise positive initiatives, attitudes and behaviour.
- assist in the prevention of crime and anti-social behaviour.
Students, staff, and the community are encouraged to nominate those that they believe have demonstrated the objectives of Junior Neighbourhood Support. Types of nominations could include, voluntary work in the community, reporting graffiti, cleaning up the environment e.g. a park, safe play, fair play, wheel awareness – skateboards/scooters/bikes.
Fill out this Nomination Form and post it into the letter-box located in the Tahatai Coast School office.