Our Top Schools teams this year practise every Monday and Thursday morning at 8am, next to the senior playground.
Top School 2013 Games – Sunday March 17th 2013
Spreadmaster Horizontal Bungy
Each child in a team will have turns to fit on a harness and run forwards over a soapy tarpaulin to a large bin of water. If they make it to the bin they have one chance to scoop out a ball floating in the water. They then return to the start with the ball then the next team member has a turn. Points are awarded for balls returned.
Carrying a leaking container of water children are to climb to the top of a grassy slope and then go back down a slippery tarp. They run to a large bin where they tip the remaining water. The next child begins when the container is returned to the start.
Points are awarded for the water level in the drum.
Bunnings Te Puke Magic Carpet ride.
At the start children use 6 drums (200 litre), a board, pole and bucket. Fill the bucket with water then sit on the board while another child moves the “carpet” along using the pole in a “gondola” style. At the other end, water is poured into a container then return to start and do it again. Other team members are picking up rear drum and placing it at front. Each team will be supplied with 2 small “straighteners” – which is a small board – this is used to realign carpet board if it goes off course. This will mean no hands will be resting on the top board at any stage which will prevent teams propelling the board forward using their hands.
Winstone Agregates – Sands of Time.
Children transfer sand into a tumbler and carry it over a short agility course depositing it into a container. The team continues as fast as it can until the time is up. Points are earned for the weight of the sand delivered into the container.
Shawn Williamson Building Ltd- “Firewise – get down, get low, get out.”
One child on the bed with four players pushing and pulling the bed to an end line. Rider gets off bed and runs, crawls under and through objects, all at low levels, as if escaping from a house fire. This game is being run by Maketu Fire Brigade. At the end of the obstacles the team member dials 111 by throwing hoops over pegs, quoits style. Points are scored for accuracy .The bed pushers return the bed to the start line for the next rider/runner.
Buckton Engineering - Pole Balance
At the start line 1 child starts off with a pole-balance, running to a drum of water. Player fills a container with water and places it up on top of pole- balance helped by another team member at the drum of water. Player then runs around cones to a bucket where water is to be placed. Player runs home and over line giving the pole-balance to the next player to start. Points for the most water in the bucket.
Anchormilk – Primo – 4 legged Bottle Game
3 players start off with legs banded together. They get to a point as fast as possible where they stop and aim to hit bottles off a wall. When the team of three players has thrown, they can remove their leg bands and must retrieve the rice bags they threw. They then go back to the start and across the line so the next three players already leg-banded together with rice bags in hand can start. 3 players keep rotating as above for the rest of the game. 1 point per bottle knocked down or 10 points if the three players knock down all 6 bottles at once.
Thomas Transport Sponge Bob & Square Pants
The team members spread themselves along the course of tyres and buckets. One team member at the sponge filling water container, one on each tyre, and one at the sponge emptying bucket. The game is played by filling the sponge and passing it along the team and over several obstacles (Sponge Bob and Patrick) to the other end of the team , where the sponge is rung out into a container and the sponge is sent back to the start to be refilled. Etc. The game is scored by the amount of water that has been squeezed from the sponge into each teams container.
Aerocool – Dragon Boats
Using long ropes attached to a very wobbly dragon. A team member fills a bucket of water and places it in the dragons mouth. They hop into the dragon and ride the dragon across the imaginary swamp, by being pulled across by their team mates, using a long rope. They hope onto the bank and Empty the bucket into a barrel. The team repeats this journey many times, allowing each team member a turn. Points are scored by the measurement of the water in the Barrel._____________________________________________________________________
All games have 10 players.
Games will be explained again to players on the day. A super fun day and challenging day guaranteed
Top School Rules 2013
Please read Carefully
- Teams are made up of one manager and ten pupils enrolled at the teams school five boys and five girls. Each event involves ten competitors. Aim for a gender balance. (Substitutions by reserves decided on the day at Managers meeting.)
- All team members names and that of the manager must be phoned or faxed to the school before Tuesday March 1st to allow the printing of the programme.
- All teams must be present at the school by 9.30am on Sunday 17th March
- All team managers must report to Administration for detailed briefing at 9.40am
- All events run for 10 minutes, started and ended by sirens. All events run simultaneously. Two teams will compete at each event at one time. Points are awarded for the number of completed activities when the 10 minute siren sounds.
- All teams must report to the next event at least 5 minutes before competition recommences. Teams may have a short practice. A warning will be given of the start and there is a count down to the starting hooter.
- Competition begins at 10.00am
- All instructions and directions from the judges must be followed. Any changes to these will result in disqualification. If in doubt of the correct procedure please check with the Judges before the event begins.
- A disputes panel of three people from three separate schools not including Paengaroa will be responsible for any disputes. The Manager of the team is the only person who can lodge a protest. This must be made to the Controller, who will immediately call the panel together. Protests or disputes must be made to the controller before the start of the next event. Any uninvited parental involvement in the dispute will render the protest null and void. The panel’s decision is final.
- No parent or adult is allowed into the competition area. Failure to obey this rule will lead to team disqualification.
- All 10 team members will have identification. This is in the form of non removable ink. Any team member not wearing a number at an event will lead to disqualification of that team. Only 10 members are allowed to participation in each event, subs are allowed to be used at the start of a new game But not during the game unless an injury occurs.
- Medical facilities available from Administration.
- In the event of a tie for first place a count back will be done on the teams scores in the individual events.
- The organiser will make every effort to ensure the safety of competitors and visitors. However we accept no liability for any accidents or injuries sustained.
- Best of luck. Enjoyment is compulsory !!
- All teams have a bye round.
Top School 2013
Sunday 17th March 8.00-3.30pm
Timetable: (2013 will have a similar time schedule)
8.00am White Elephant Stall
9.30 All teams to be present
9.40 Team managers report to Administration
9.55 Teams and Cheerleaders report to first event
10.00 First event begins for all teams
10.20 Second game begins
10.35 Morning Tea Break
11.00 Third games begins
11.20 Fourth game begins
11.40 Fifth game begins
11.55 Cheerleading Display and Lunchtime
1.00pm Sixth game begins
1.20 Seventh game begins
1.40 Eighth game begins
2.00 Ninth game begins
2.20 Tenth game begins and Major raffle closed for drawing
2.40 Eleventh round begins.
2.55 Prize giving and raffle drawn results and announcements
( Begins with Cheerleading Display of winning Cheerleaders )
* Sideshows will operate from 10.00- 2.00pm
* Food and drink available from marquee
throughout the day.
* Toilets available at front and rear of School buildings
(Prices to be confirmed for 2013 on official Programme.)
All food and drink will be purchased through a $1.00 Ticket system. Buy $1.00 tickets and then exchange these as needed for the items below. e.g Steak Sandwiches = 4 X $1.00 tickets.
A variety of food is available throughout the day from the Fruitfed Food Marquee.
Steak and Onion Sandwiches $4.00
Hot Pies $3.00
BBQ sausages $2.00
Drinks – Cans $2.00, Zing $2.00
Bottle of Water $2.00
Bottles of Drink $2.00
Lollies $1.00 Bags
Candy Floss $2.00
Ice Blocks $1.50
Hot Chips $3.00
Tea & Coffee $1.00 or $2.00
Summer Roll / Honey Roll $1.00
Spreadmaster Horizontal Bungy
Bunnings Te Puke Magic Carpet
Winstone Aggregates- Sands of Time
Shawn Williamson Building Ltd- Fire wise Bed Challenge
Anchormilk Primo 4 Legged Bottle Game
Sponge Bob Square Pants
Aerocool Dragon Boat Racing Game
Buckton’s Engineering Pole Balance